Monday, April 05, 2010

~ The Healer

Asalam alaikum warahmatuLLAh,

As we got a confirmation call from the oncology research-center for hiring (alhamduliLLAh), lil did we know that a loved one will come up with a diagnosis of cancer itself.

The 60 years old lady is like a second mum to my consort - though not related by bond of blood - nonetheless, took care of her while she was away form home completing her studies.

that's how things look so far;
privacy blanked out, here is the cytology report - [click to zoom]



& the biopsy report -



In legal proceedings one is innocent until proved guilty.
In medical findings, however, dysplasia or atypical cells are cancer cells until proved otherwise (or so i've been told).

Although 70 - 80% of such patients are diagnosed in stage 0-1 (thats pretty early stage & optimal for cure) with an 80 - 90% survival rate after surgery..
but still, the chills this 'c-word' diagnosis throws down one's system, are indescribable.

ain't sure about this lady's stage, but may Allah bless her with complete health.
..Verily He is the Healer.

Plz pray for her too, in case you're reading this.

I close this with the reply of Prophet Ibraheem (Abraham) alehi salam to his nation, when he said;

"Who has created me, and it is He Who guides me.
And it is He Who feeds me and gives me to drink.
And when I am ill, it is He who cures me.
And Who will cause me to die, and then will bring me to life (again).
And Who, I hope, will forgive me my faults on the Day of Recompense (the Day of Resurrection).
My Lord! Bestow Hukm (religious knowledge, right judgement of the affairs and Prophethood) on me, and join me with the righteous."
{سورة الشعراء ; Ash-Shuara; The Poets, Ayah 78-83}

~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~
blog comments powered by Disqus